windchime

windchime

Just a Geek: Unflinchingly Honest Tales of the Search for Life, Love, and Fulfillment Beyond the Starship Enterprise
Wil Wheaton
Side Jobs
Jim Butcher
The Mad Scientist’s Daughter - Cassandra Rose Clarke On the whole, I almost liked this book - but only barely. While I knew going in that this was a romance, I had hoped for a sci-fi novel with added romance. That's not what this book is. It's a romance novel with a sci-fi setting.That might not have been a problem, if I had liked the protagonist, Cat. Sadly, I didn't. I found her extremely unsympathetic, and at times she actually struck me as more robotic than Finn. I DID like Finn, but this isn't Finn's story - as the title suggests, it's Cat, the mad scientist's daughter, who takes centre stage.I also hoped the book would explore in more depth the issues of sentience and humanity, of AI rights, and so on - but it felt like we only skimmed the surface of these, as mere background to Cat's angst-filled life.Ultimately, I didn't hate the book - but it definitely wasn't my cup of tea.